Student Visa

Studying in Australia is a great way to experience the unique Aussie lifestyle while gaining great new skills.  Australia has world class universities, practical vocational colleges and outstanding English language schools to support international students.

If you are looking to stay in Australia for an extended period of time, an Australian Student Visa is your best starting point.

Requirements of a Student Visa in Australia:

In order to apply for a Student Visa, you will need to meet the following requirements.

Confirmation Of Enrolment (COE):
You will need to provide a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) or Letter of Offer issued by the education provider you have chosen. We will help you submit your application with an approved college so you can get your COE.
Please note that to obtain this document, the course you selected must be registered under CRICOS framework (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students).
Migration Corp Australia has built an extensive network with accredited educational providers across Australia and have helped a large number of students to begin their educational journey in Australia.

Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE):
Applicants should provide concrete evidence to support the argument that their intentions in Australia are temporary for the purpose of study or accompany a student as a dependant or guardian. This means that an applicant should show that they only intend to study in Australia and will return to their home country after completion. Every student has to write a statement to prove that he/she fulfils the GTE requirements of student visa program. This document is assessed by the department of home affairs case officer for the grant of student visa.
If you wish to read more about this criterion, further information can be found at the Department of Home Affairs website. Before you apply for a course, your Migration Corp Australia Counsellor will discuss your goals and intentions with you and help explain all the details of the GTE process.

Financial requirements:
When lodging your student visa application, you may need to show evidence of sufficient funds to cover tuition fees, travel expenses and living costs for the intended period of stay. These requirements vary depending on your institution and sector of education you will be studying at.
In most cases, the amount to be considered as enough funds is determined as the sum of living cost plus academic fees for one year. From 1st Feb, 2018, the 12 month living cost is: for student/guardian – $ 20290, for partner/spouse – $ 7100 and for child – AUD 3040. You need to add cost of OSHC as well as travel cost to Australia.
To find out if you are likely to provide documentary evidence to comply with the student visa financial capacity requirements, please refer to the Document Checklist Tool developed by the Department of Home Affairs.
This process can be complex and confusing, so our experienced Education Counsellors at Migration Corp can help explain this essential part of obtaining an Australian Student Visa.

English Proficiency Requirement:
All students from Pakistan are required to provide an up-to-date certificate of an English language test as part of the Student Visa application. The IELTS band requirements depend on what course you wish to study.
Good news for those citizens and passport holders of one of the following English-speaking countries: USA, Canada, New Zealand, UK and Republic of Ireland, as they will be exempt from this language requirement.

Moreover, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection set out a further list of English language exemptions. Check if you fall into one of those categories as you may not need to proof your English proficiency.
For those of you who are required to show evidence of an acceptable language test score, please contact us to further discuss which course you would like to study.
We will advise you with a comprehensive list of providers available to assess your language skills and the valid minimum test score to meet this requirement.
Please, be aware that although the Australian Government sets a minimum language score for each education level (e.g. Diploma vs Bachelor), your education provider might have a different language skill level based on the course you have chosen. For example, you may have an IELTS score of 6 (IELTS is an international language test). However, some Bachelor’s Degrees require an IELTS score of 6.5 or 7 depending on the institution or the course. In these cases, you might have to retake the exam to reach that grade or look for another course that is within the threshold.
Still unsure if you comply with this condition? Contact us and explain your personal circumstances and the course you have in mind.

Australian Health Requirement:
As an Australian Student Visa applicant, you must undergo a medical health examination.
All costs related to the medical examination are your responsibility. For instance, if you undertake a medical examination and your visa application is not approved you will not be eligible for a refund of any costs you may have incurred.
For further information, to know what type of medical examinations are required for a temporary visa application, please visit the Department of Home Affairs website.

Australian Character Requirement:
Everyone who wants to enter in Australia will be assessed against the character requirements. As a temporary entrant you might be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more, over the last 10 years (calculated immediately before the time the visa application is lodged), since turning 16 years of age

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC):
Australian Student Visa Applicants must register with an OSHC insurance provider for the duration of their time as a student in Australia. This health insurance policy is mandatory for all the applicants who wish to study in Australia (restrictions to a few countries apply).
OSHC is a special health insurance scheme designed for international student what will help you cover any potential medical or hospital expenses that you may incur during your stay in Australia. It will also cover a certain amount of pharmaceuticals and ambulance services.
At Migration Corp Australia we help students on a daily basis, so we usually know what you might need if you just arrived in Australia or even if you’ve been here for quite a while.
Save time and money by directly talking to us to get you covered. Migration Corp Australia can set up your OSHC provider and offer you a high-quality coverage at the cheapest rate.

Fee of a Student Visa in Australia

The current fees in order to apply for a Student Visa (Subclass 500) are set to $620 AUD.

The price is always the same no matter the length of your studies.
Please note that this price may vary depending on the location where you apply for your Student Visa (Australia or onshore). The Department of Home Affairs has built a pricing estimator tool to help future applicants to quickly get a price overview of their visa application.

Renewal of the Student Visa in Australia

You can renew your Student Visa as many times as you want, as long as you are enrolled in a course approved by CRICOS. However, you need to be advised that if you have had multiple student visas in the past, the Government may question the genuineness of your application.

Our expert staff at Migration Corp Australia can explain all your options relating to extending or renewing your student visa.

Migration Corp Australia is a specialised agency in education in Australia. We have strong relationships with colleges, language schools and universities, and can give you personalised and free advice on where to study based on your needs and goals.

Migration Corp Australia is here to provide a free support regardless of which study program you are interested in. Give us opportunity to help you achieve your goals and shape your future as you want.